Sunday, January 20, 2008

How I Replaced My Kitchen Flooring

This kitchen has been work in process for some time now. We are about to lay down the new flooring but so much had to be done to prepare before we could lay the floor down.

First of all, I decided to paint the walls and cabinets. The walls were a beautiful bright yellow color..YUCK! So we changed the color to beige and did the trim in white. This took some time to cover up. Then I painted the cabinets white to match the trim. I wanted to get all the painting down so I would not mess up the new floors.

The entire kitchen is being redone. We are replacing the countertops and sink. So I want to make sure all the colors are going to match and have the look I am going after. We are purchasing the new flooring tomorrow. We have decided to go with the stick down tiles instead of the linoleum. When talking to the flooring dealer in our area, he told us because our diminsions were 8x15 and to buy linoleum on the roll would come 12x?, so we would be wasting a lot of material. It was actually cheaper for us to purchase the stick down tiles that you would find at Home Depot or Lowe's. Since this house is not for resale value purposes we are going to us the tiles.

1 comment:

uttamwork4 said...

Hello

My name is John Wells and I work with GloCabinets.com. Glo specializes in Ready to Assemble (RTA) kitchen cabinets. We offer a selection of high quality cabinets that are easy to assemble and install for the do-it-yourself remodeler.

I really like your kitchen remodeling post

We have the same core customer base and we would like to offer our great cabinets (at a very competitive price I might add) to your viewers.

We offer our partners 5% of any sales referrals to GloCabinets.com through our Affiliate program with Refersion. Our average sale is $2,000 so you can see how you could make good money with just a handful of sales a month.

Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to sign up for the program at
https://glocabinets.refersion.com/

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,


John Wells
Affiliate Services
GloCabinets.com